5 Best Countertop Dishwashers of 2021
When you are looking to buy a countertop dishwasher, you should know what to look for in it. Otherwise, you might end buying the wrong product for which you might have to regret. If you search for the best dishwasher, you will find so many options. It will make you confused because the options are really overwhelming. That is why you should know what to look at when it comes to buying the best countertop dishwasher.
For small families or couples living in a small studio apartment, a countertop dishwasher is an ideal thing to have. If you don’t have space in your house to have an in-build dishwasher, it is probably the best solution. Having a pile of dishes makes a kitchen look messier. It is something that you would not want to see in your kitchen. That is why choosing the right portable countertop dishwasher becomes so very important.
Now, the question is which is the best buy countertop dishwasher? You will be wondering how to pick the ideal dishwasher for your need. Don’t worry because, in this article, we have got you covered. Here you will get to know five best countertop dishwashers that you can look to buy and their features. Also, you will know the things you should notice before choosing a small countertop dishwasher. Apart from that, we will tell you about the things you cannot afford to place inside the dishwasher. So, let’s begin.
FARBERWARE Portable Countertop Dishwasher
If you are looking for a Farberware countertop dishwasher, then you can choose this one. This portable dishwasher has a sleek design. Also, it has a stylish look which enhances the entire appearance of your kitchen.
This portable dishwasher is filled with options and features that are enough to compete with any normal-size dishwasher. It has got 7 clean cycles which are fantastic considering that it also has a baby care wash cycle and speed wash cycle for the bottle and other small items.
This Farberware countertop dishwasher also dries up very quickly. So, it addresses the challenge of drying up the dishwasher wonderfully. This portable dishwasher countertop in around 22 inches wide and can hold up to 6 dishes of around 10 inches (Diameter).
Finally, having cup shelves that are folding and flatware baskets that are removable, this energy star certified portable dishwasher is something that you can look to have in your kitchen.
- A cycle for self-cleaning
- Boosting the heat for improved drying
- Digital timer and temperature display
- The capacity is small
- Only icons in the control panel
DANBY Portable dishwasher
When you are looking to buy the best countertop dishwasher, here is a dishwasher that you can certainly consider buying. This 22-inch dishwasher from Danby has a nice look for sure. It uses both mechanical and electronic controls because many of you still like to have those push buttons.
This Danby countertop dishwasher has 6 wash cycles which range from soak to intense wash along with an additional 2 or 4 or- 4-8 hours options for delay wash. This dishwasher also has the option of temperature boost which aids the washing of dirty plates and cookware.
The cup shelves and a flatware basket will make the loading of the dishes quite flexible. The dishwasher also has a light on the control panel which will indicate when you need to add extra rinse aid to clean your dishes properly. The price is also very affordable and thus, you can look to give this Danby countertop dishwasher energy star certified dishwasher a try.
- Dishwasher has energy star certification
- Price is very much affordable
- Option to boost temperature is amazing
- Small in size
- Only icons in the control panel
BLACK+DECKER Compact Countertop Dishwasher
If you are looking to buy the best dishwasher, then BLACK+DECKER is surely one of the ideal dishwashers for you to go for primarily because its looks are similar to a mini oven. The size of this dishwasher is around 21 and a half inches in width. Now, in that size, it promises to hold around 6 dinner plates that are 10-inch (diameter).
The wash cycles you will get with this dishwasher is seven and it ranges from rapid to intensive to rinse cycles which are great. Apart from this, you get an option to delay the washing for 24 hours. So, you can use this dishwasher when your kitchen is empty.
The look is just like a full-size dishwasher it also has child lock option in the controls so that your little one cannot start the dishwasher accidentally which is a fantastic option to have. It has also an energy star certification which means you will not be spending too much on energy consumption because of this small countertop dishwasher. All in all, it can be an excellent buy if you are looking for a good dishwasher for your kitchen.
- Sleek design and stylish appearance
- Energy start certification
- Child lock facility
- Slow response from customer service
- Only icons in the control panels
HAVA Compact Countertop Dishwasher
If you are looking for the best countertop dishwasher, then HAVA compact dishwasher is one of the smaller dishwashers that you can look to have. If you lack space in your house, then you should try to get it. 18-inch built makes it more convenient for smaller kitchens.
This dishwasher has a 5-litre water tank which is great. You will also have an extra hour to dry it up once you have cleaned the dishes. More importantly, this dishwasher has 5 wash cycles and four place settings (full). The control panel is also excellent with LED lights and texts apart from the icons.
You don’t need to have any sort of installation with this dishwasher. It is very easy to use and simple as far as the features go. The price is also very affordable. So, you can definitely give this portable dishwasher a try.
- The one-hour drying mode
- Five wash cycles for a proper wash
- Save energy and water both
- Too small in size
Magic Chef Countertop Portable Dishwasher
Without any doubt, Magic Chef portable dishwasher is one of the more popular ones going around at the moment. Its 21 and a three quarter inches width make it one of the widest dishwashers in the portable dishwasher category. It also has many features that you can only have with a full-size dishwasher.
You also get a couple of cup shelves and a basket to wash flat kitchenware. Its place settings are around six. One of the surprising things about this portable countertop dishwasher is the sound it generates. Most of the dishwashers are loud which can be a bit annoying at times.
But, this one from Magic Chef creates the sound of around 52db which makes it a very quiet portable dishwasher. Apart from that, you are getting 6 wash cycles with this dishwasher and you can delay the washing for 24 hours. So, it is a very convenient and energy start certified portable dishwasher countertop which you can look to have.
- Energy-efficient dishwasher
- Option to delay cleaning for 24 hours
- A very quiet dishwasher
- Black or white are the colour choices
- The control panel has only icons and no words
Things Need to Consider before Purchasing the Dishwasher
Now, before you proceed to buying the best dishwasher, here are some of the things you should consider before making that all-important purchase;
Capacity: Standard vs. Compact Size
A 24 inches dishwasher will be called a standard dishwasher because it will have around 12-14 place settings. It is ideal for families with many members. However, a dishwasher of around 18 inches is known as a compact dishwasher. It can have place settings of around 6 to 8. It is ideal for one or two people living together. So, before you buy the dishwasher, know your need. Understand how many people you will be using it. It will help you in making the right choice.
You will find many of dishwashers that you can buy. However, not know what type will suit your need can be lead to the wrong choice. First of all, you need to understand that the built-in type of dishwasher is ideal if you have large money to spend and own the house. But, in case you rent the apartment and don’t have a large family to sustain, then a portable or countertop model will be ideal. Also, for those with limited space in the kitchen, the countertop model will be the best choice.
Energy Saving Considerations
In the past, dishwashers used to consume a lot of energy and because of that, you had to pay a heavy electricity bill. But, that will not happen with modern dishwashers. Nowadays, these dishwashers will have a certification of energy star. You can check the symbol on the dishwasher itself. It means the dishwasher is energy-efficient and you will not have to spend a huge amount of money as electricity bill once you start using it. So, when you get the countertop dishwasher for sale, make sure it has the energy star symbol.
Hard Food Disposal Feature
In some dishwashers, you might have to pre-wash the cookware before putting them inside the dishwasher. This is mainly to eliminate the hard food residue that is left in the plates and other dishes. Now, it is a problem and if you have to pre-wash it, then why would you use a dishwasher? So, before you have the purchase of the dishwasher, please read the countertop dishwasher reviews to know whether you will get this hard food disposal feature or not. This feature will surely make the use of the dishwasher more convenient.
When you looking to have the best buy countertop dishwasher, you should know that there are features that you should look at to make your use of the dishwasher more convenient. Features such as child lock, less noise, various washing cycles, 24-hour delay in washing, and detergent dispenser are some of the features you should have in the dishwasher. So, read the countertop dishwasher reviews properly to know about these features.
Perhaps the most important thing is a dishwasher is the washing cycles. You need to understand which washing cycles will be ideal for your need. Ideally, you can have light, regular, heavy, and economy wash settings in the dishwasher. More cycles will give you more convenience and leverage in using the dishwasher.
Things Don’t Putting in the Dishwasher
There are certain things that you just cannot afford to place inside the dishwasher. Otherwise, it will damage the machine. So, here are such 10 things that you should avoid placing inside the dishwasher:
- Sharp Knives: Even if the manufactures instructs you to place it, you should never place knives for your safety purpose.
- Non-stick Cookware: If you use non-stick cookware, stay away from putting it inside the dishwasher as it will damage the non-stick coat.
- Antique Items: These are precious to anyone’s family and so, putting them inside the dishwasher is a risk.
- Crystals:It might etch and so, it is better not to place it inside even the best dishwasher.
- Flatware with Gold Colour:Don’t place it inside the dishwasher as it might lead to discolouration.
- Wood:Placing wooden utensils inside the dishwasher might damage its finesse and appearance.
- Some Plastic:Check the mark of dishwasher safe before you place any plastic item inside the dishwasher.
- Acrylic Utensils:Rough dishwashing and hot water might ruin the acrylic inside the dishwasher.
- Glued Plates:You should not places repaired of glued plates inside the dishwasher as it might go back to the previous state.
- Printed Utensils:Putting printed utensils inside the dishwasher will only damage the utensil and its appearance.
Finally, these are some of the very best dishwashers that you can look to purchase. Also, now you know what to look at before picking a dishwasher for your kitchen correctly. Apart from that, if you want to make your dishwasher run smoothly, then you know which the things are you cannot place inside the dishwasher. So, now go ahead and look for the best countertop dishwasher for sale and use it efficiently.
Other Recommend Blogs
- 10 Best Portable dishwasher under $500
- Introduction Buying the best dishwasher will save you time and money. All things considered, dishwashers are live savers; having one at home means...
- 10 Best affordable dishwashers of 2021
- Introduction If you are considering buying the best dishwasher, perhaps it is that you want to renew your current one, or perhaps you have realized...
- How to choose the right countertop dishwasher for your van?
- Introduction The RV dishwasher is one of those essential household utensils, not only because it saves you from the tedious work of dealing with di...
- Mini Dishwashers: The Dishwashers of The Coming Age
- Introduction Do not worry about the pile of dirty dishes because your mini-dishwasher has got you covered! We understand that not everyone has the ...